Windows 10 does not shut down properly after upgraded

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tim Berty, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Tim Berty

Tim Berty New Member

In the past, I have used Windows 8.1, but because the free upgrade deadline was coming. So I had to upgrade to Windows 10 to take a free slot.

However, since I have upgraded to Windows 10, my PC does not shut down properly. It always stuck at the shutdown loading screen and it keeps loading forever.

shutdown-windows10.

The only way I can shut it down is to press and hold the Power button on the case until it shut down. When I power it up in the next time, it always shows me a message that the previous shutdown didn't work properly.

Did anyone get this error before? Any suggestions to me?

2. peter

peter New Member

Have you checked the power settings of your PC yet? Sometimes, you have changed something there that you don't remember, and it could lead to this issue.

Go to Start menu, choose Settings > System > Power & Sleep. In the next step, click on the "Additional power settings" option to access all settings.

However, sometimes Windows 10 takes longer to shut down your computer if it's under update process. Give it more times to done its job.

3. daniel

daniel New Member

I got this error a few months ago, and it was resolved. The problem comes from one of my hardware, the network adapter.

I have update drivers for both "Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Properties" and "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHZ)".

Next, open the Properties of Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller, then choose Power Management and tick two first boxes.

Then I restarted my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 3542) and the problem was gone.

I think you might have a similar issue, which comes from one of your hardware. Diagnose them!